The cornflower hydrosol removes swelling, has an anti-inflammatory, soothing and cooling effect. As one of the few, it is recommended for eye care. It has anti-dandruff properties, it prevents scalp tinea. Cornflower hydrosol can be successfully used in poultices for red and irritated eye areas.
The flowers of the cornflower are rich in mineral salts (about 10%), and especially in manganese, they also contain pectin, organic acids and small amounts of tannins. The most valuable components of the plant are polyphenols: flavonoids and blue dyes cyanine and geranium, which are classified as anthocyanins. Flavonoids and anthocyanins are substances that protect plants, whose physiology is so closely related to sunlight (photosynthesis), against external environmental factors – mainly pathogenic microorganisms and ultraviolet radiation. They have photoprotective and antioxidant properties. The cosmetics used in the cosmetic formulas also have an anti-oedema, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent effect.
Cornflower hydrosol has an antioxidant, antiseptic, soothing, softening and slightly astringent effect.
Recommended for delicate face, neck and cleavage skin as well as for daily care of vascular, sensitive, irritated and dry skin.
Cosmetic properties of hydrosol:
- Thanks to its slightly acidic pH close to the skin’s pH, it helps maintain its own physiological response;
- it’s antioxidant;
- it is antibacterial and slightly astringent;
- it supports the healing of acne lesions – acne vulgar and pinkish acne;
- accelerates wound healing and soothes irritation and inflammation;
- helps to heal eye inflammation;
How to use organic cornflower hydrosol?
- Hydrosol is suitable for oily skin, acne, rosacea, dry and mature skin, as well as delicate and irritated skin;
- as a facial tonic – every day after washing in the morning and/or evening with a cotton pad moistened with hydrolath, wipe the entire face andf neck
- before applying the facial oil – when the oil is applied to damp skin, rubbed before the application of the hydrosolt, its effectiveness will increase;
- as a soothing compress for irritated and swollen eye areas – soak 2 cotton pads in the hydrolath, lie down and apply for 5-10 minutes on closed eyelids;
- jas a soothing after-shave and epilation tonic;
- for peeling and masking (clay, mud).