Hydrosol obtained by distillation of calendula flowers (Calendula Officinalis).
Calendula hydrosol has anti-inflammatory, cleansing, moisturizing and gently astringent properties. Used regularly prevents inflammation and perfectly heals minor skin damage by accelerating its granulation. Calendula hydrosol has a strong antiseptic and soothing effect. It gently tightens the skin. Soothes skin irritations, including those after sunbathing and solarium, after insect bites, etc.
Marigold has bactericidal and fungicidal effects. . It has a beneficial effect in case of skin diseases, rashes, scratches, abrasions, sunburn, scars, bee bites and as a cleansing and antibacterial tonic for everyday care of acne skin.
Valuable components of the hydrolate are triterpentine saponins, carotenoids (carotene, xanthophylls, lycopene), sesquiterpenes (calendidine), flavonoids, as well as mucilages, mineral salts (predominantly magnesium), vitamins, essential oil, bitterness – calenduline and phytoncides.
Cosmetic properties of calendula hydrosol:
- bactericidal and fungicidal;
- heals inflammation and minor skin damage;
- thanks to its slightly acidic pH close to the skin’s pH, it helps maintain its own physiological response;
- soothes acne changes – reduces inflammation, reduces redness, soothes irritation;
- helps to regenerate sensitive skin prone to redness and infection.