Arnica Montana has been known for its healing properties for centuries. They result from the unique chemical composition of arnica. The most important substances that determine its action are:
- Squiterpen lactones – these substances have an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial effect, accelerate the absorption of petechiae, strengthen capillary walls, prevent the formation of venous clots. From the therapeutic point of view, the most important sesquiterpen lactone here is helenalin, responsible for the anti-inflammatory effect of arnica.
- Flavonoids – present in the stems and leaves of mountain arnica, also showing phlebotropic (protective for venous vessels) and anti-inflammatory activity.
- Essential oils – which are found in the inflorescence and in the leaves, but most of all in the rhizome and roots of the plant. Especially important is thymol, used in pharmacy because of its antiseptic properties. It is interesting that these oils also protect the plant itself against bacteria and fungi in the ground.
Healing properties :
Although centuries ago arnica was attributed magical properties, it was actually famous for its healing effect. It results mainly from the sesquiterpen lactones, flavonoids, phytosterols, tannins and triterpenes contained in the flowers. These are substances with a wide range of properties, hence arnica is considered almost as a panacea for many ailments.
Arnica montana has a strong bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect. Arnica is famous for its properties supporting the proper functioning of the circulatory system. It strengthens fragile blood vessels and also eliminates bruising and swelling. Thanks to lactones and flavonoids, arnica accelerates the absorption of any petechiae from tissues.
Preparations based on arnica are also great for twisting, dislocation or contusion of limbs. In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, it has analgesic and warming properties.
Due to its circulatory improvement properties, arnica is suitable for injuries that have occurred due to cold or heat. Arnica Montana has been known for its healing properties for centuries.
More about Arnica Montana:
- It has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effects;
- It has a bacteriostatic and bactericidal effect, which contributes to faster healing and regeneration of damaged tissues after the injury;
- prevents clots from forming;
- It improves venous circulation and improves the condition of blood vessels (venous, arterial and small capillaries);
- improves blood flow and accelerates granulation.